Many Inventors trying to bring their product ideas promote are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I gives a connected with some of your reasons you could have gotten denied. It does not cover every reason you could get rejected, but hopefully as well as your something to.
You wish to realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers game! Yes, you still need to own a good idea but you will discover that in spite of how do I get a patent good an insurance policy you may believe it is you can still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all period. Even if it doesn’t make sense to you that they would reject an idea that they agree could be profitable. Below are some common purposes why even marketable ideas for inventions are rejected.
1. The company may surely have a complete collection of products and not seeking add much more.
2. Urge for food is outside their target market.
3. You sent your submission towards wrong person in the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it on the right one.
4. You sent premise unsolicited without contacting group first to check their submission policy, in addition they rejected it solely on that agreement.
5. You did not have proper contact information on your submission move. (That is one of the most mistakes Inventors make. The company will not bother for you to trace you down.)
6. Contain too many similar providers that companies are flooded proper.
7. Your idea appeals to a small niche market and desire mass market items.
8. The cost to manufacture versus the return on investment is simply high.
9. Your sales sheet don’t WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with a good deal information to sort by simply.
10. Your product has happened to be patented by someone else and they just don’t want how to get a patent see if they can go around it or risk infringement problems.
11. Your products or idea isn’t compared to what is already on the marketplace. This tells them you did not research your idea very well and don’t own a clue who your competition is that are available.
12. You sent a procedure that is precisely like their current product and that current strategy is a marginal seller. So yours will not fare any better.
13. Your idea is outdated or maybe on the downswing whenever compared with what is coming out a year later.
14. They already have a better solution than yours in the works for release that coming yr. (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea whether or not the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior to your Inventor contacting the company about their idea. This happens a lot. Inventors forget that they are not the only ones inventing.)
15. These have received the identical idea from another Inventor and are in negotiations with this Inventor.
16. You need to posted your idea unprotected online in a of those invention posting sites where others vote on your product to see if there is interest. Your public disclosure makes the concerned whether any patent protection would eventually be allowed and turns it down in accordance to that send.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the significant prototype online and have a significant connected with hits. It can raises the concern whether any patent would be possible because of your public disclosure.
18. You stated that you have an issued patent, but when they write a quick explore your patent they discover that it has lapsed resulting from non-payment of fees and it has been lapsed significantly over the due marry. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. There’s a patent, can be challenging was poorly written and also cover the particular product. (This happens a lot)
20. You have a design patent and designing around your patent is a straightforward task, meaning that they can expect very little protection in the industry.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t look at outside ideas and doesn’t publicize everyone. So you get a rejection letter, but it doesn’t explain they cannot look outside the company.
22. You sent them your product but they have already decided to the line for that year and therefore following year and aren’t open to taking on anything else at that time.
23. Simply consider items with a sales history they can review and your item by no means been in production or sold stores or online. To ensure that do not want to take the risk becoming the first company to encourage it.
As I stated above these are just a few belonging to the reasons you can have your idea/product rejected along with a company. Really take period to research the offers completely and understand your market, your put into that market and study part things yourself as marketable as we possibly can.